Skills Link – DEADLINE OCTOBER 19th
Skills Link is a client-centered program that provides funding for employers and organizations to offer eligible activities to youth facing barriers to employment. The program is part of the Youth Employment Strategy, a horizontal initiative involving eleven federal departments and agencies.
About the Skills Link program
Skills Link was developed to assist youth in various circumstances, including those who:
- are single parents;
- are of Aboriginal descent;
- have disabilities;
- are recent immigrants;
- live in rural and remote areas; or
- have dropped out of high school.
The program offers a range of activities that can be tailored to meet the individual needs of the youth.
When to Apply?
We are presently accepting applications for funding as part of the Skills Link High-Demand Occupations Project.
How is the program delivered?
Skills Link provides funding to employers and organizations to deliver projects at the local and regional levels.
Alignment of the Skills Link program with the Digital Economy Strategy
In order to align Skills Link with the objectives of the Digital Economy Strategy, until March 31, 2014, special consideration will be given to interventions providing:
- Skills enhancement activities that support the development of digital skills; and/or
- Work experience activities that further develop and/or require the application of digital skills.
How to Apply
Please consult the documentation below for guidance on how to complete your Application Package.
Documentation for Applicants:
- Applicant Guide
- Annex 1 – Websites to Help Prepare the Application Package
- Annex 2 – How to Complete the Application for Funding Form
- Annex 3 – How to Complete the Budget Template for Contribution Project Proposal
- Annex 4 – Skills Link Assessment Grid
- Annex 5 – Attestation Form Template
- Questions and Answers (this section will be updated frequently)
Questions and Answers
Questions on this Call for Proposals can be sent to:
Please mention the reference number CFP-NHQ-1213-National/SL-001 in your email.
Questions will be answered between September 10 and October 12, 2012. Please check the Questions and Answers Web page.
Submission of the Application Package
The Application Package can be sent by email to NC-DGPO_POB_CC_SL-GD@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca or by mail to the following address:
Attention: National Grants and Contributions Service Delivery Centre
Human Resources and Skills Development Canada
Program Operations Branch
140 Promenade du Portage, Phase IV
Mailed Application Packages must be post marked on or before October 19, 2012.
For Application Packages submitted by email, a paper version including original signatures, post marked on or before October 19, 2012, must follow by mail.
Faxed Application Packages will not be accepted.
The closing date for this Call for Proposals is 3:00PM EST on October 19, 2012.
Application Packages received after this deadline will be disqualified.